Friday 1 February 2013

My first ever video : )



Whenever I'm selling my art off-line I have that fantastic feeling, which I can't feel while my lovely customers all over the world viewing my items online. When I see their eyes lighting up and they start to smile, it can not be replaced with any other thing. And the comments are always making me blush. : ) I love all the compliments my work get, it's one of the best feelings in the world!

For online shoppers it's a lot more difficult. I believe they often decide not to buy something because they didn't have the chance to touch the item and the photos were not convincing enough. I'm struggling with the photos myself. It's really difficult to make a good photo of something that's shiny or I can't get the light right.

This is why I had the idea to make a little video about some of my items. Just to get a better picture of them. The light is not always good even in my video (for example the vintage style necklaces look quite dark, which is not like that in real life, but somehow I couldn't get that right)

Have a look and let me know what you think. (don't forget, this is my very first video, I'm happy to get constructive criticism, but be gentle : ))




1 comment:

  1. I liked your work.
    If your art pieces have a lot of details and you want to stand out those details, you can get a macro lens. In the internet there are many tutorials about how to take photos with pieces that are shiny or have glitter.

    A video always would be very useful. Maybe the next time you should take a little bit of time on each piece you are filming to help the viewer to perceive better the details of your art pieces. But I thinks your video it's ok.

    ReplyDelete